• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much would you sell this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GrimX9

Ok, so my old computer will be retired soon, to be replaced by the comp in my sig. How much would you offer the following computer including crappy black generic case:

Athlon XP 2600+ Thoroughbred A (2.14ghz)
A7N8X-Deluxe (king of its day)
2.25 DDR 133 RAM
120GB WD HDD (IDE)
GeForce 7300GT (EVGA)
350W Power supply (cheap generic)
DVD+CDRW combo drive
Decent multicolor cooler (ooh!)

So what do you think? I could use it as a protein folder but it is slowish.

How much would I sell it? Not at all, since I don't have it. I wouldn't offer anything to it either, since it has nothing to offer me. :)

If you meant to ask how much I would sell such a system for, I'd say $90-150, $200 if it had a quality PSU.

Man I don't even know - I doubt i could get anything more than 300 or so for my PC and it's next gen to yours - you might be better off doing something cool with it.

One of my friends had 2 dell PCs. One went dead, the other's HDD crashed today. We put the HDD from the dead dell in the crashed dell, wiped and reinstalled windows, and used both dell monitors with a new 8400GS he put in there to make it a 24/7 torrenting/dual monitoring machine for no reason. I was there all night with him setting everything up. His main PC is an HP laptop now, so it's just kinda chillin.

Honestly it isn't worth much. If you can't recycle it as a server, firewall, Linux box, etc. then I would find someone less fortunate and donate it.

I also use a old Dell GX-150 (Pentium 3 1Ghz, 1 gig RAM, nVidia 5200) for torrenting. You never know who's sharing or if someone has put a nasty virus in there and better this old machine get infected than my server or my main rig.

Yeh, I am going to underclock it and put it back into its crappy case and use it for a server or something random/scary :)

Or if I could figure out that darn F@H thing, I would have this thing constantly folding proteins, silently in a corner...

Last edited:
I would donate it to a charitable organization or church. A couple months ago I offered 5 AMD K6s (the 500Mhz kind) to a local church and they were extremely thankful. I had no use for them at all, but they were able to install educational / religious games for their kids.

If you can sell it to a average joe you can prolly get 200 out of it. I build atom based systems and sell them for a little profit with a basic itx case and itx PSU it comes out to be about 150 bucks a system and I sell em at 200.. Iv sold a couple. They run XP perfectly. Havent tried vista though.

Back