• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how should i place my case fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thenerd

i got 4 fans. 2 slots on back, 1 on side, 4 on front.

the front airflow is really weak, since there are only air holes on the bottom 2 slots, the side and back air slots are very nice tho.

i'm thinking of doing 2 on the bottom front, and 2 on back (both very high), but that leaves out the side slot.

so quesiton is should i use 1 in front and 1 on side?

ps: my psu is dual fans, if this changes anything

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
You can seal off the lower rear fan hole and use that fan on the side panel..:) At least for the time being..

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

OP
thenerd

thenerd

so should i have 2 front intakes, one side intake and 1 rear exhaust?

cause i thought the point of the side intake is to blow air to the mobo.

attitudx

Xtreme refugee
I have 43 slots at the time and have the front brining in the side panel bringing in and the top and back pulling out that way it brings the air up and across the card and mobo so i think anyway you can pull air across your vid card and mobo and then out would be great

ShaftedTwice

IMO, buy some more fans.

I would say 2 front intakes, 2 rear intakes, on both sides: 1 intake, 1 exhaust, making sure that the intakes are parallel with the exhaust fans.

LudaChris

Registered
Rear = Exhaust
Side = Intake
Front = Intake
Top = Exhaust

That is what i would do. My set up is exactly like that except 2 x rear exhausts.

LudaChris

Registered
I'm sorry i just realized you actually dont have a top slot. I would recommend cutting a blowhole though...

Camacho111

Instead of having four up front more than likely they are 80mm. Use one 120mm.

You happen to have a Raidmax case?

OP
thenerd

thenerd

damn i don't have a top slot, and my case is an ATX (generic i think, ver cheap).

say if i get another 80mm to put an intake on the side, so i would have 2 front intake, 2 back exhaust, and 1 side intake. is this good? even though this means that my exhaust and intake are not parallel to each other.