• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How the hell can I get my videocard options back on XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

I just installed XP(sorta), and where my options where to tweak anti-aliasing, etc are not where they were when I had 98. On 98 Id go, display properties, settings, advanced, then there would be a tab for my card. There is no tab there now with XP. Where in the hell did they go?

Tipycol

Try updating to the most recent Windows XP driver. I had that problem with my AIW 7500 till I put in the recent drivers, and even after that it took 2 resets to get those tabs :( (got mad after first one, didn't think it'd take two)

OP
D

drexel

Because I have, and it doesnt do anything. My brother has the same problem.

funnyperson1

well until you get that fixed you could try using nvmax to change your settings, maybe try th edrivers from teh manufacturer's website?

OP
D

drexel

I have been trying to install NVmax for a few weeks. Right now when I try to install it it says I need to have detonator drivers 20.xx or greater installed. It wont work with the drivers I have on now(40.72, which doesnt make any sense. So, I go to install 20.xx or greater, but those ones dont have a an install program, and I dont know where to put the files. Do you know of any other programs like nvmax that will work with 40.72 drivers?

OP
D

drexel

manufactures drivers are the ones that dont have the install program with them, and are the same ones nvidia has released.

OP
D

drexel

Just downloaded rivatuner. I installed it. Now it disapeared, and is nowhere to be found.

funnyperson1

drexel said:
Just downloaded rivatuner. I installed it. Now it disapeared, and is nowhere to be found.

you run it from the folder you installed it from, it doesnt "intall" itself you just need to original unzipped folder

repo man11

With Rivatuner, go to the settings tab, and click "send to tray on close". Then it will be in your system tray for easy access.

OP
D

drexel

K, thanks I saw that, thanks. I downloaded powerstrip though, which has an installer. Might use that instead.