• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to attach a cool block on the North Bridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

App

Hopefully I will receive my new MSI K7 Turbo (VIA KT133A) mobo soon. It seems the north bridge on this mobo hasn't got a fan. I'm planning to stick a watercool block on it. How can I attach it? Is there a kind of heat radiating glue or tape on the market? Thanx

It might be possible to epoxy bolts to the mobo in the right places, and fashion some sort of clamp to bolt over the waterblocc and hold it in place - failing that, you can get arctic silver thermal epoxy, which is supposed to be pretty strong - not sure where to get it from though I'm afraid.

Thanks again Rob. I'm afraid too!!! What do you think...MSI stated apparently that they do not need a cooler regarding the size of the heat sink. I'm sure I will get more FSB's out of it when I cool it. In my watercooler set I have an extra small watercooler for the video card or the northbridge. I will put an extra air cooler on the video and want to put the watercool thing on the northbridge but I do not intend to drill holes around this chip!!!

Back