• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to bios flash a nvidia card without floppy? (talking windows 7 + 260gtx)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dofey

Registered
Hey, how do i bios flash a video-card without a floppy?

I'm using windows 7.

EvgaP or Rivatuner is not an option, because I can't change the settings the fan speed increase by temprature.

(running at 100% all the time is neither an option due to noise)

OP
D

dofey

Registered
Error when saving bios

I get an error while trying to save bios. I've started it both as normal user and with admin rights:

Is there any other program I can use to read bios? (and how?)

:O)

"Data position/lenght out of data bounds"

Attachments

• bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 445

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Why can't you change the fan speed in regards to GPU temperature w/ RT? And in order to use NiBiTor in Win7, you'll probably need to disable UAC first. You can also use NVFlash to save / back up your current BIOS file by typing nvflash --save original.rom (replace original.rom w/ whatever name you want to give the saved BIOS file) at the prompt, after booting directly to a bootable thumb drive.

OP
D

dofey

Registered
Why can't you change the fan speed in regards to GPU temperature w/ RT? And in order to use NiBiTor in Win7, you'll probably need to disable UAC first. You can also use NVFlash to save / back up your current BIOS file by typing nvflash --save original.rom (replace original.rom w/ whatever name you want to give the saved BIOS file) at the prompt, after booting directly to a bootable thumb drive.

change the fan speed in regards to GPU temperature w/ RT?

How do I do that?
:)