• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Build A Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Heh, thanks a lot for the guide...

Very nice overview for those of us who are pretty sure we know what we're about to do... but not quite. :D Quite foolproof and clear, as well.

Thanks again.

thank you JKetzer...and since this is my post I think I'll do the honors once again :p

!!WELCOME TO THE FORMS!! and to the addiction :p

also welcome to your NEW home...when people come they don't leave...so make sure you have a good chair...you'll never leave here :D

Spec

Yeah I've noticed that....

quote from ME "once you start OCing, You'll never stop"

You watch when you start to OC, you will be trying more and more to get all the juice out of your CPU....it is CRAZY!!! But I love it :p

Spec

does anyone know a better picture hosting site....otherwise then I can't get the pics to work...stuppid yahoo...any help will be appreciated!! :D

Spec

I found the link to my old build a computer deal, thought Id throw it in here to be seen. I ran into some troubles with cash flow and it was put on hold.... I lost contact with the guy about it and havent tried to get it back up yet.. dunno if I will... havent decided yet...

http://www.onepc.net/computingguides/0007/

well this guide is giving me the courage to try to piece a piece of junk togather for her to use e-mail. Her retirement home had computers but nobody there took care of them so now they never work (they need to be clean reformat/re-partitioned they are so far gone and there is no way in hell they will let me do that) but they worked long enough for her to get hooked on the net, she is afraid web TV will mess up her TV so that plan is out, well i wonder how much it would cost, all she needs is windows solitare and the ability to use some cheep isp and get to a hotmail account.

jeez...If that is all she does you can give her like a 200mhz P1 :p....if you do that and like a 5gb HDD with XP home...your price maybe like 150 only because XP hokme costs 90 :rolleyes:

Go to www.pricewatch.com and search everything you need...and might as well keep it generic since no gaming invloved/OCing

Shouldn't be expenisve as all! :D

Glad you liked the toturial and hope this info helpS!!

Spec

whos HS...mine...?

If it is mine then it is a regular default AMD HS...ghetto

Spec

Matthew1001 said:

You're not kidding!

I second that! I thought I had spent enough on my pc already six months ago. Since then, I've been "upgrading" my rig. Performance gains? Not hardly! All that these upgrades are giving me is a quieter rig that is a conversation piece at the same time. People come over and ask "So Aaron, what have you done to your computer since I saw you two days ago?"

Good write up. I can double that vote on GROUND YOURSELF. Can I add something to that? I hooked up my neon when I bought it, but I had taken the plastic casing off the inverter to wire it into my fan control array. I couldn't wait to see it in action. I turned on the computer and flipped the switch. It's alive! Soooo cool, man. About this time, my good buddy comes walking by and bumps the case. The inverter manages to touch its bare contacts to the metal case and POW!!! I had to run out and buy another one. So here's my contribution: Use your brain when messing with electricity. Even if you know you're safe, your buddy might just come along and do something unexpected. Take the extra 5 minutes to protect your investment!

i can host them on my personal server....supposedly i have unlimited space :) just pm me if u want to use it and ill make u an ftp acct

GREAT INFO

Back