• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to change and read DDR voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antimimos

Hi everyone, where in the BIOS or system can I find my Ram voltages, and where in the Bios can I change them to 2.8v? Thanks for any help =)

I can't find the Exact model number, but it is the XMS 3200 with Platinum Headspeaders, stock timings 2.5-3-3-8, I have them lowered to 2-2-3-11 (11 because I have an Nforce 2 mobo) I want to get the 3 to a 2 and I was told I need to get my ram to 2.8v rather than the stock voltage which is what it is now..

If you can't get the 3 down to a 2, I think you have CH-5. I have to run about 2.8v to get my CH-5 down to 2-2-2-11 timings. good luck

Thats exactley what I am asking how to do lol, I wanted to know waht my stock voltages on the Ram is and how to increase it in my Bios to 2.8

usually it's at stock at 2.6V so if you increase it by +.2 you should have 2.8V which is what I desire... if it doesn't work in 1,3 try 2,4 because sometimes they can be more stable than the other slots... just have to test it out.

Thank you very much man, I think I got it now thanks! is there any way I can read my actual voltages on the Ram though?

i believe you can use easytuner 4 to check what the voltage of the DIMM is. other than that I think that is the only way you can tell.

THANKS AGIAN! it was 2.7v I am going to check out raising it by .1 tommorw thanks so much man!

Back