• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to change movement keys in KOTOR (beyond the standard menu)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kanuuker

Registered
I know this will make me sound like a dork but I don't care.

I was wondering if there was a way to change some specific stuff in KOTOR through cheats or codes or whatever? I've never really played an rpg before; I've been fps all the way since quake. Since that's all I've done I'm pretty set in my way as far as movement and stuff goes. Anyway, is there a way to set my 'walk forward' button to the right mouse button? Also, is there a way to walk instead of having to run all the time? I'm not in a particular hurry and would like to enjoy the moment. Basically I'd like to get it more like a first/third person shooter.

yeah Im wondering this too, it seems that you can't change any of the games controls

As I said before, I've never really played an RPG before. I didn't even play D&D as a kid. Too slow for me but I figured I give KOTOR a shot as everyone is talking about it. So far it's not bad but I have yet to see why it Game of the Year material. The game looks good and everything (well, except the fighting. So far I think that looks pretty stupid), but I just can't really submerse myself into something unless it's first person and I can just wander around aimlessly looking at the sights sometimes. I guess that's just me though.

Well that is how combat works in D&D. The first D&D game I played was Neverwinter Nights & that took some gettin used to. Eventually I grew to really like it. Once you get good weapons, *spoiler*

like the lightsaber, it gets a lot better.

I've already remapped as much as I can but there's still some functions that I can't change, such as putting walk on mouse 2. Anyway, I was just curious.

Back