• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to clean inside of maze2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

What can I use to clean the inside of my maze2? I just finished cleaning the outside of it with ketchup, now I need to get rid of the crap inside. I had this idea - hook it up to my mag drive 7 and run some bleach through it. Any ideas?

haha me wants to know too, I have no clue of how much crap is in mine and it would be nice to give it a good bath. btw how did the ketchup work??

ketchup? why not try claning the inside with ham, then you will have a nice snack...

just put some oven cleaner in it and leave it for about 1hour, it should flush out everything inside

seriously? ketchup?

well to do the insides, some people cover one end and spray butain into it the light it.... you dont wanna do that to poly topped blocks:p
crl maby?

The Overclocker said:
ketchup? why not try claning the inside with ham, then you will have a nice snack...

just put some oven cleaner in it and leave it for about 1hour, it should flush out everything inside

Ketchup has alot of Vineger in it, which is a light acid. Didn't you people learn anything from Home Improvement?

Ryan0rZ said:

Ketchup has alot of Vineger in it, which is a light acid. Didn't you people learn anything from Home Improvement?

Then why not just put vinegar in it? Or is it too strong that way?

no i have heard of people using vinigar now htat i think of it, just fill it up and let it sit for awhlie

maskedgeek said:
no i have heard of people using vinigar now htat i think of it, just fill it up and let it sit for awhlie

Hmm...so it wouldn't corrode the copper? That's interesting...

no not at all, its light acid, people drink the stuff, people have done it, give it a shot

Well, now I've got to find some vinigar. And yes, ketchup worked extremely well (and quickly!)

The Overclocker said:

lol ;)

that is for running vinigar in the system, wont it do well in cleaning it out?

I would be concerned with vinegar (an acid) doing further damage to the metal in the block. A base like Drano (Sodium Hydroxide) should clean stuff out of the block without doing further damage to the metal. It is strong stuff though. Take care to avoid getting it anywhere you don't want it.

As mentioned earlier, CLR is designed for the purpose of getting rid of mineral buildup. That's probably the best thing to use.

Of course I don't know what the crud is. Maybe it's biological? I'd say Drano might be more effective in that case.

Whatever is used, be sure to rinse very thoroughly.

cypher said:
CLR should work good for the waterblocks insides. Just make sure you flush it out real well when done.

I run CLR through my setup and it works great! Cleans everything, res, inside of the block, and makes all the tubing look like new :D

Back