• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to create new partitions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wired14

i partitioned my disk with fdisk in 2 drives. I 'd like to know if fdisk can make more partitions of the same existing ones without deleting any logical drives or reformating the hard drive.

For example i divided my 80gb to two 40gb drives. Now i would like to repartition it again to 40gb 20gb and another 20gb

is it possible?

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
Fdisk will not do what you want without destroying your data. Partition magig will as long as you meet required availible space etc. Fdisk is great for a new partition but after that stay away if you want to keep your data.

DayUSeX

download.com has particion magick it is the best program i have used so far. I have never lost data using it, which i cant say about other partion programs

OP
W

wired14

DayUSeX said:
download.com has particion magick it is the best program i have used so far. I have never lost data using it, which i cant say about other partion programs

yes but the demo they have for download does not do anything . It just shows you what the software can do when you buy it.

I will get partition magic this week from a friend

itshondo

I just installed 2 80 gb WD hard drives and partitioned both using FDISK. Go to the "Partitioning Statagies" website, http://partition.radified.com/ and read up un his advice, it's very good. I partitioned my 1st drive with 3 partitions, 10gb (boot), 35gb & 35gb - my second drive has 2 40 gb partitions.

FDISK is easy to use once you understand the lingo.

Good luck!