• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to enable HT 2.6C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP
V

Voodoo_fx

its a 400 bus jackass lol, it says C1 revision in Cpu-Z.. and I thought this chipset might support it... just asking to make sure what I thought was right..

jdmcnudgent

Voodoo_fx said:
its a 400 bus jackass lol, it says C1 revision in Cpu-Z.. and I thought this chipset might support it... just asking to make sure what I thought was right..
whoa buddie, slow you roll. its quite obvious that you dont know what your talking about. i am just trying to help. unfortunately, cpu-z may say its a c1, but you need a 3.06 chip or a d1 stepping to have HT.:(

see the little "c" after the 2.4 in my siggy.:D

batboy

Senior Moment
Voodoo_fx said:

Voodoo, flaming people here will get you banned. Your thread title says 2.6C which is a 800 bus HT CPU. Now you're saying it's a 2.6 C1, that's a different critter and that does not have hyperthreading. The C1 is the stepping.

OP
V

Voodoo_fx

well, in one of my other threads someone said it was a early C stepping.. leading me to believe it was a 2.6C Theres diffrent busses on most of the P4's like the 400, 533, 800 now.. figured it was like AMD releasing same speed chips with diffrent FSB's

batboy

Senior Moment
The 2.6C is actually a D1 stepping and using 200 FSB (200 X quad pumped bus = 800 MHz). All of the 800 bus "C" CPUs have hyperthreading. The 2.6 400 bus CPU is indeed a C1 stepping, but but does not have hyperthreading. The only non-800 bus CPU that has HT is the 3.06 533 bus CPU. No 400 bus CPU has HT. Voodoo, I can see where the confusing came from. Just edit your post and take the name calling out and all will be fine, ok?