• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to fit a file????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I asked for data on three cars, these data sets are very, very large, the person (idiot) that assembled the data compiled it all into a single 1.5 TB file that now resides on my file server, the rig it needs to be on has 2, 1 TB drives and that is all the spinners it will hold.
can I simply extend the partition on the D drive to include the E drive and properly use the file?
I think I am asking if the two drives will act as one partition?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 35

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
I know you can set up 2 drives to act as one partition using JBOD but I don't know if you can do that after both disks already have data on them.

Would it be possible to break the file apart?

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
the data that is on the two drive now I can transfer to the my server, so I can blank the drives.
I have to have the file on this rig to see how it's compiled.

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
If your motherboard supports it you can set up the disks in JBOD mode through the raid controller and then Windows should see it as one large disk.

Update:
I did a little research as I have not tried this in awhile but apparently Windows now has this function baked into the disk management menu. You can set it up as a spanned volume through Windows and should be able to achieve the same results that way.

Last edited:
OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
let me start this project!!!!!, I'll go a fishing in the bios!!!!!!!

OP
caddi daddi

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
asus ws board, I am just going to pull a larger drive from another rig and put it all on one.