• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Get URL And Code Again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I deleted my email with the url and code for my Boinc account.
How can I get it back? And...doesn't the Boince program remember where to connect to send and recieve Boince w/u's?
Seems dumb that I need to input the info for it to transmit. :eh?:

Thanks.

SunRedRX7

I'm guessing that the method for originally activating your account will also work for retrieving lost account info. Their site is currently not working at the moment, but when its back up this should do it.

Participate In SETI at home BOINC page
http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_participate.php

There you have the option to create a new account or activate your SETI account. You'll then be sent the url for the SETI boinc project, and your username through email.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
I tried using the activation link when BOINC came online officially, but it didn't work since I had activated a month early durring the leaked announcement. Apparently that link will only work once :-/

If you didn't do anything to your account in BOINC though, the URL and account key should be available in an "account_setiathome.berkeley.edu.xml" (or something like that) file in your BOINC directory.

JigPu

SkyHook

Senior Village Idiot
JigPu said:
I tried using the activation link when BOINC came online officially, but it didn't work since I had activated a month early durring the leaked announcement. Apparently that link will only work once :-/

If you didn't do anything to your account in BOINC though, the URL and account key should be available in an "account_setiathome.berkeley.edu.xml" (or something like that) file in your BOINC directory.

JigPu

JigPu is exactly correct, if all went correctly when you "attached" to the SETI project the file "account_setiathome.berkeley.edu.xml" should have been created in your main BOINC folder. This file can be read either with some web browsers or NotePad, One of the first lines contains the URL and the next contains you ID Number. If that file doesn't exist on your machine I must admit to not knowing exactly how to proceed. If you have more than one machine running maybe one of the others has the file in question if the one giving you problem does not, as they should all be the same info.

SkyHook