• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to hook up this switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

i got a led switch from an autostore to reaplace the simple black rectangle on/off switch for my cold cathodes. the ones that came with the cold cathode have two connectors in the back to hook the wires up to, but the one with the led has 3 , 2 for the on/off cathode and the other for the led. i already hooked up the 2 wires for the cathodes, but what wire do i or can i hook up to the switch to power the led.

thanks

OP
lilneel12

lilneel12

here it is, if you can see it, i traced out the connectors

Attachments

• DSC00801.JPG
    DSC00801.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 126

CheeZeTM

had to make sure u read that b4 anything, but you should be able to re-wire the LED into the switch, the middle pole is common(or ground) the other one u have the cathodes conected to is one pole, the other is the other pole, if u hook up the LED to the cathode, it will blow(led) unless it is 12V modified, the other pole will be off or "not connected" when the cathodes are on, forget about that pole, the power LED is off the mother board correct?

CheeZeTM

NVM, look at the box, it should have instructions, i miss-under stood what you were trying to say, you are going to have to hook up a + and a - to make it work (light) as well as the cathode tubes

more than likely you hook 12+ to the other prong, box should tell u

OP
lilneel12

lilneel12

k, ill try to hook up the black(ground) and see if that works, but i also have a feeling that its the 12+ wire, but don't know which wires i have to extend from a molex for that

thanks

CheeZeTM

The yellow wire is +12 the red is +5 simple meltimeter will tork or, look at the plug on your CD rom drive, it notes coltages