• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to lower idle manual voltage with speedstep?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makentox

Registered
Hello, i have read some people use Speedstep to lower voltage on idle when using manual voltage.
I have tried to figure it out on Asus z170-a 6700k but cant really find an option for it.
Why nowadays people prefer this method to adaptive or offset?
If anyone familiar with speedstep please explain why its better than adaptive or offset and how to set it up!

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
AFIK when using "manual" the voltage stays the same. Even wit speedstep enabled the clocks will lower but not the voltage. I think the word manual may be getting confused here. You can manually set the voltage using an offset which takes away the "auto" set voltage if they were to high say. If your motherboard set 1.3v for a 4.5 clock and you set an offset of 0.1v since that's all you need it's technically not on "auto" any longer but has been manipulated manually.