• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make 8kha+ stable at 200 mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

How to make 8kha+ stable at 200 mhz?

holst has said that 8kha+ is stable around 200 mhz for system speed and also many 8kha+ owner did achieve like those crazy system speed like 185 mhz and over

My question is how? what was the trick?

• Faster DDR like PC 3200 and PC 3500?
  • Increase Vcore to 1.85 or higher? Vdmm to 3.0v or higher?
  • Stable and good Power Supply?
  • Lower the mutliplier?
  • Change the DDR setting to slowest?
  • Force ATA 66 on all the HD to prevent HD corruption?
  • using ATA controller card that support 66mhz pci?

I mean at 200mhz system bus speed, the ddr is running at 400mhz, AGP bus is running at 100 mhz and also PCI bus is running at 50 mhz. How to make the system stable when those speed is way out of the spec? I am having problem just to go over 154? I need help...

OP
EluSiOn

EluSiOn

instead set auto for IDE drive option, you select ATA66

that is in the ide controller option

bldegle2

plus

the 8kha+ has magic inside.

unlockage and good PC2700 or better ramski should do the trick, that and the ATA66 trick.

volt mod for the massive clocks is a requirement.

do a search. been there, done it.

good luck.

baldy:cool:

Mooky

First thing you have to do is get rid of all your unnecessary PCI devices. That means get rid of the awesome 5.1 sound card. Get a NIC based on a Realtek chip. PCI modems also tend to crap out. Get an external. The 8KHA+'s USB seems to be able to take high FSB, but not when it's over taxed. That means no USB scanner. Finally, no Radeon 9700. Get a GF4 4200 or something else that's known to OC well. Use one stick of DDR. I somehow managed to get Crucial CAS2.5 to run at 3.2V at 200FSB with turbo timings. I had 10 sticks to play with though and picked the ONE that would work.

I guess I should mention that your CPU should be unlocked. There is NO AMD processor that will go to 200FSB in a locked state (ok perhaps some of the newer 333FSB ones will). Lower the multiplier and work your way up to 200. BTW, I didn't need any special cooling on that machine. I used a cheapie Volcano 7. If I can do it, anyone can.

You only need to use the ATA66 trick if your using ATA100 HDs. If you have ATA133's, you probably won't need it.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
I found that in order to get my Kha+ over 200 mhz FSB i needed a specific bios but and had to remove the sound card, my network card became unstable but changing this for a Netgear solved the problem. As previously stated I found that USB devices had serious stability problems at a very high FSB.
My mobo has no voltage mods either