• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make an executable file??? in C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Hi guys, for class we use visual c, and c. We only write to hc11a8 and hc12 controlling their outputs and clocks and what not.

Well for project I wanted to make something that install like a real program and run my progam. So how do you make an executable file and install your program. Like I want to make a file and run it like a SETUP.exe and it installs all of my drivers. And when I do this will I have to write to certain windows file ? Can somone plz direct me to a good website or place some sample vb or C code online?

Krieger

if you are using visual C++ 6.0, you may have an app called he package and deployment wizard. You would need to look for it in the start menu. With this you can build setup and cab files. I've used it for dozens of installations. You can add what ever files oyu want and tell it where to put them. Other than that I dont know of any other apps that allow you to do it.