• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to monitor your ports?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amazon10x

I would reccomend getting a firewall, I think they will log it. I use KPF but I don't think it logs it but it will ask me if it can let them connect.

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
You can see if someone is connected through a tool like NETSTAT or TCPVIEW.

But that will only show connections in progress. If you want to see if someone is trying to connect to a closed port, you would need a software firewall of some sort, or Intrusion Detection Software.

CHX-I is a packet filter, I don't know if it has the ability to report on every packet it stops, but that'd be close to what your looking for.

sramjones

Disabled
if you get a linksys router with firewall you can set it up to make and send you a log. if the connections are not from your local network then you will be sure if you are being hacked or not. if that is your question.

fiji

connect to what?

just because a computer sends a syn packet doesnt mean theyre trying to hack you lol

just turn of uneeded services