• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to OC i7 4790k using Sabertooth z97 mark 1 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

didot

Hi guys im completely new to overclocking and what i want is just a stable slight overclocking i dont want any hardcore just to be safe.

My RIG specs are as follows:
-i7 4790k
-Sabertooth z97 mark 1
-h100i replaced the stock fan to noctua f12 pwm using pull setup
-another 120mm fan at the back of my case stock cm storm fan with LED which is PUSH
-and the 2 stock h100i fan placed on the side of the case which is PUSH setup also
-seasonic x750
-GTX 760
-8GBx2 gskill ripjaws x f3-1600c9d-16gxm CL-9-9-9 1.5v
-256gb crucial m4

i was expecting Dual intelligent Processor 5 from asus but its not included on the software from the package so i downloaded it from the site but does not install.

Currently what i have is AI suite 3 and all i can access is the thermal radar 2, was trying to play with cpu and dram but was afraid to touch anything aside from the automatic options tried to choose "EXTREME" but nothing happens.

I also tried to overclock via BIOS but the highest OC i could get is 4080mhz lol

sigh im terrible at this.. i should have not bought this sabertooth and go with mobo that has dual intelligent processor and make my life easier.

Here are the screenshots of my TEMP and other details you might need

TIA

Back