• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to overclock Corsair CMX512-3000C2 and P42.53-C1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timster

I have read posts regarding overclocking memory without overclocking the CPU. How do I do this with my setup?

Vapochill Premium Edtion (Titanium)
P4 2.53-C1
Abit IT7 Max (first edition)
Corsair XMS 512-3000C2
WD 120Gb Secial Edtion
WD 15Gb
Samsung 40x12x40 CDRW
Planar 19" LCD

Thanks for any input.

TheFrag

go into your BIOS and look around for ddr timings. Mine are under "Advanced Chipset Features" and the "DDR Settings". Basically the lower the better.

OP
T

timster

TheFrag said:
go into your BIOS and look around for ddr timings. Mine are under "Advanced Chipset Features" and the "DDR Settings". Basically the lower the better.

Thanks for the quick reply,

So, change the timings from example, 2.5 3 3 7 to perhaps 2 2 2 6? This is teritory I am unfamiliar with. I know how to up the FSB and such, but memory timings I don't understand.

TheFrag

setting it to aggressive settings might make it unstable and problems such as no post may arise, but the corsair should be able to handle it.

OP
T

timster

TheFrag said:
setting it to aggressive settings might make it unstable and problems such as no post may arise, but the corsair should be able to handle it.

Kewl, thanks for the info.:cool: