• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to overclock with my msi k7t pro(6330)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vincegr

Registered
how can I overclock my tbird with this msi
does someone know how to do ??
My cpu is a athlon tbird 750. I heard about a maximum power of 997MHz.
Thanks and excuse my english, i'm french

Athlon Thunderbirds are generally good overclockers. Look at the core of the chip (the bit sticking out in the centre). Look for a code along the lines of AXIA, AHYJAR, ASHHA etc and note it down. This is the stepping - from this it can be determined how well a CPU can be overclocked. Also you may want to ask about that motherboard in the AMD motherboards section and see some of the guides at www.overclockers.com

I post this topic here because I've got an answer in the AMD motherboards section but I would like to have differrent answers and more answers. Because I don't want to kill my CPU.
And I can't find some answers in the tips for my motherboard.

Thank you very much.

vincegr said:
I post this topic here because I've got an answer in the AMD motherboards section but I would like to have differrent answers and more answers. Because I don't want to kill my CPU.
And I can't find some answers in the tips for my motherboard.

Thank you very much.

Cross posting is a big no no here. We don't need duplicate threads all over the board.

Please don't do it again...it will be deleted on sight.

BUT, welcome to the forums. :D

vincegr said:

Thank you very much.

No problem. :D
According to the CPU database the average overclock is 982MHz.
You should reach about 840 easily. Hope this helps :D

excuse me for the copy od my question !!
In france, french guies are often bad guies and you have to post 2 or 3 times to have answers and often bad answers. Often you are not welcome. I'm happy to be welcome in this forum.
So, I can't find good answers because I've got a bad motherboard : an MSI.
Please can you help me, I'm not enough fast.

Thank you
Vincent

vincegr said:
excuse me for the copy od my question !!
In france, french guies are often bad guies and you have to post 2 or 3 times to have answers and often bad answers. Often you are not welcome. I'm happy to be welcome in this forum.
So, I can't find good answers because I've got a bad motherboard : an MSI.
Please can you help me, I'm not enough fast.

Thank you
Vincent

No problem. There has been a lot of problems with incorrect posting in the forums, and the moderators are getting quite frustrated.

Try looking in the BIOS and looking for a 'Bus frequency' setting or similar. This will currently be at 100 or 'default'. Increase this to around 110 (new CPU speed = 825MHz).

That should get you started :D.

i dont think u will get very far with the fsb on that motherboard... u said it was an msi 6330 isnt that the msi k7t pro2-a? i used that mobo b4 and the fsb wouldent go very far past 100 so unlock your tbird and u can use the multiplier ajustments in the bios to overclock

The MSI K7T266 overclocks well but has a problem w/ usb support above 138-139 fsb. It runs above those speeds but usb stops working at fsb speeds above. Raise the fsb as well as cpu voltage in slow stages to see what your cpu will do. No need to unlock it.
As your cpu specs at 100 fsb you will probably get somewhere between 110-120 fsb.
Good luck....goldie

i can just change the "fsb/PCI bus frequency" because I linked the L1 pont. How can i change the multiplier coef ??
Thank you

goldie said:
The MSI K7T266 overclocks well but has a problem w/ usb support above 138-139 fsb. It runs above those speeds but usb stops working at fsb speeds above. Raise the fsb as well as cpu voltage in slow stages to see what your cpu will do. No need to unlock it.
As your cpu specs at 100 fsb you will probably get somewhere between 110-120 fsb.
Good luck....goldie

Hey Goldie, The goofy model numbers that MSI has ban confuse most people. He has the KT133 chipset, not the KT266, so unfortunely he is limited to 110-115 at most. I have a ton of these M/B and I just set them all at 110mhz FSB and did the rest by multiplier.

vincegr said:
i can just change the "fsb/PCI bus frequency" because I linked the L1 pont. How can i change the multiplier coef ??
Thank you

You should be able to change it now - double check the chip and/or update to the latest BIOS.

PenguinFreak said:

You should be able to change it now - double check the chip and/or update to the latest BIOS.

The bios is update my L1 pont are linked.
I can't overclock more than 825.

Thank you

vincegr said:

The bios is update my L1 pont are linked.
I can't overclock more than 825.

Thank you
Hmmm...looks like the motherboard doesn't support multiplier adjustments. Try updating the BIOS perhaps?

vincegr said:
i already flashed my bios.
I can't modifiy the multiplier coef.

Look at the board itself - can you see any jumpers?

vincegr said:
there is no jumpers
or i cannot see it.
But i think that there is no jumpers.

Have a look at the manual to see if jumpers are mentioned. If they are not, and all the L1 bridges ARE connected then I think that FSB overclocking is the only viable answer. 825 is nothing to be snuffed at tho :D

i'm sure there 's no jumper to change my coef.
I saw on different websites that I can link some pont of my CPU to change coef. Is t real.

Thank you

Back