• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to re&re out 2 Raptor 36GB RAID0s for a single 500GB SATAII on WinHP-32?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

I have only had 2x36GB for my o/s boot, apps drive since they came out. Now I am growing out of them, can I swap them out for a new single larger, say Seagate HDD, for Win Home Prem 32-bit boot w/o M/S Licensing Registration giving a care? Will I need a software too and will I need to pay for it? Also will I need a third HDD (eg. External HDD) large enough to be the go between for the transfer? I would really prefer to shuffle it all over as is, rather than re-install everything!!!

I don’t think I’ll be searching too much today, but boxing day is tom, so if any hints or links, TIA.

I actually have the third HDD (and the replacement) , but I have never had to do this before!

I just got rid of my 2 37 gb raptors also that have been running raid0 since they came out. I got the caviar black 640 and can't tell the difference. I'm still tempted to get a second one for raid0 just for curiosity but the machine seems fast enough already.I did a fresh os install so i'm not sure if it will freak out on the transfer. If you want one of those drives just pm me and i'll let you know where to find one since the egg is usually out of stock.

Back