• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to release my PIII 450?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_dragonas

Registered
Hello everybody!
Does anyine knows how can i put a PIII 800MHz processor in my mainboard (except the case to put the mainboard to the garbage case!), which now has the PIII Slot 1 processor?

funnyperson1

give us the model number of your motherboard....you want to make sure it supports coppermines

DDR-PIII

Disabled
you'll just need to get a slot 1 P-III 800 or a slotket and a P-III, and if you put it in and it dosent work, that means you need to upgrade your bios :)

breez

Yep, there are 1000MHz P!!! Slot1 processors. But I think it would cost pretty much.

It would help us if you tell us what motherboard you are using.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
well yeah im sure if you update the bios it should thke the 800 no problem.. and fo a 1ghz slot 1...maybe check eBay

TUK101

Probably around $150 dollars give or take $10. You would be just as well to get a new Abit ST-6 mobo and a 1.1 gig Tulating cpu at that price. If you can make sure that your mobo supports it, then getting a slot1 to socket 370 converter wouldnt be a bad idea either, if you already have that PIII 800 cpu.