• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to remove RAM from Z791 Plus Mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
I need to upgrade my main PC and I would like to do it without pulling the Mobo...I do not see the usual fold down tabs on each end for the Dimms...Well it has tabs but they do not seem to fold down. In fact there is a small cap in from of one of them Do these Dimms just pull straight up or is there a lock tab that I am not seeing? I tried forcing them straight up but the pressure is too high and i'm worried they will break. Can't find a youtube on it.
Hopefully someone can keep me from breaking them....:salute:

Its been a couple years since I built this and my memory and eyes are not very good:eek:...The manual doesn't have info on the actual install or removal.

Last edited:
Only one end of the slot has that locking tab ( next to vrm heatsink ). It's that "easy" slot which supposed to help in RAM installation.

as.png

Thanks woomack I must not have pushed hard enough on that side, cant quite see over there...EDIT Yup thanks again! That did it...I'm trying to remember why I wanted to build a PC in a shoebox....:screwy::-/:screwy:

This is the standard memory module latching scheme used with the DDR4 RAM sockets.

Back