• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reset Overclock on my GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Letiv

Registered
Hey mates, i overclocked my RX 570 8gb with the programm OverdriveNTOOL i put one value way to high and apply it now my GPU is not showing any screen untill it is connected with my motherboard.
After removing the gpu to get a display signal from my cpu or other GPU
(that i put in instead of the rx570) i tried to delete all files of overdriveNTOO. I also tried to go in my bios and hit f9 to reset everthing to default.

How can i fix it? To reset that value that i put to high and crashed.
The problem is after the crash i still have no screen signal from the same GPU...

my GPU is not showing any screen untill it is connected with my motherboard.
Not quite sure I understand this. Should it read video output does not work when connected to my GPU's output ports but when I connect to the motherboard's video output you get a video signal?

While video input is plugged into the GPU can you get into the BIOS?

This is a reason why I always keep a bootable Linux USB thumb drive. In this instance I would have my monitor plugged into the GPU and boot the Linux thumbdrive. This is an easy way to tell if it is most likely a hardware or software problem.

You stated you deleted the overdrive tool. Did you simple delete the folder and files or did you uninstall program? If you simply deleted files there may still be some registry file slingering around.

Hey stompah, i can only have one GPU at once in my Motherboard because of space reasons.
The crashed GPU (RX570) is giving me no video signal while its okugged into the GPU, but i can see that the GPU is still working the fan's are moving and the light is on.
i am not sure if i can get into the BIOS because i cant see anything, i could try to get into BIOS blind by spamming DELETE.
I uninstaller overdriveNTOOL with AdvancedSystemCare, by right clicking overdriveNTOOL and pressing destroy file.

what if i start my computer with a different GPU can i change anything ?
would help a recovery of my PC ?

Thank you very MUTCH ! :)

If you cannot see the BIOS then the problem is likely a hardware issue. The card may have damaged itself.

Try removing the CMOS battery and pressing the on button. Reinstall the battery and the bad GPU card and try to get into the BIOS.

Also try using different video outputs on the card. Maybe you have a bad cable or bad port.

How do i remove the CMOS battery? and how do i reinstall the battery...

I made a Picture.
- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Is this the Battery that i marked with orange ?

First i try to remove the CMOS Battery and press the on button ... and than ?
after that i put the CMOS Battery back in and the BAD GPU aswell and press the pn button again. right ?

Yes, there is a little metal clip on the right side of the battery. Push that to the right and the batter should pop out. Might need a small screwdriver if your fingers are too big.

Pop it out.

Unplug the PC.

Then press and hold the power on button for a few seconds.

Reinstall battery, plug the power cord in and start PC. Spam delete button when you see the boot screen. Make sure everything is set to stock setting and update time/date. Cross your fingers hoping it will boot into windows.

when i remove the battery and hold the power on button, the PC must be unpluged ?

Yes or it will boot. You are just draining any residual voltage on MB

Then install the bad GPU and see if you can get into the BIOS

Not working i tried twice.

What could i do else?

Recover my entire pc?

Try blind boot? By pressing the right buttons in the right order.

By the way. with OverdriveNTOOL i accidentally changed the GPU MHz of P9 to 1500 or something like this. After i applied the screen went into completely white and i just restarted the PC....

Can this accidentally change really Damage my GPU ?

I reset all data on my PC hopefully it works.
I still believe its not a hardware problem.
Only a setting that dont is stopping my GPU from working...

If you aren't getting into the bios then it isn't a windows problem. It's a bios or hardware failure. Have you tried a different output on the GPU? Different cable?

I found something could that work?

https://linustechtips.com/topic/676608-help-restoring-a-unstable-overclocked-gpu/

1. Turn off the PC

2. Remove the GPU from the system

3. Start the system up, and boot into Safe Mode, with network capability

4. Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller

5. Fully remove the AMD display drivers from the system

6. Shut down the PC, and reinstall the GPU

7. Boot into Windows normally, and see if the problem is gone

8. If it is, then download the display driver from AMD's website, and install it

9. Restart the PC and see if the problem still persists

Yes i tried a different output

If you cannot see and get into the bios then windows settings do not apply. I have a feeling your card is dead.

Will the bios not be reset, when i recover to factory settings?

You already reset the BIOS tho.

Also, it looks like you have 2 black and 2 blue RAM slots. You should have the sticks in either the 2 blue or 2 black slots. Do you have a manual to your motherboard? This is not related to your issue. It's merely for better performance.

I have 3 RAM sticked in, i will look tomorrow but thanks for that :)

By the way i found something about reseting the BIOS by removing the CMOS like we did, but it says you have to wait 20 min bevor you put it back in.

Or a other way something with jumper.

Back