• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to reset Overclocks without using BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hugeq

Hi, I tried a risky overclock earlier and when I try to reset the overclock the PC freezes in the BIOS before I can do anything. I do not have a JBAT Jumper and don't know how to remove the battery. I am using an MSI motherboard (EUFI). Please help!

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
If you don't have a jumper just short the pins for the CLRCMOS. The battery is probably under you GFX card. Check your manual or post the full mobo name and I can tell you

OP
H

Hugeq

I see the CLRCMOS, now I just need to know how to "short the pins". Also, do I do this while the PC is On or Off?

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Turn the PC off and shut the power supply off and wait for the board to drain power then hold something metal like a screwdriver/jackknifer across the 2 pins for 30 seconds

trents

Unplug the psu from the wall and then push the case's power button to drain the capacitors before shorting the pins. Sounds like you need to overclock in smaller increments.