• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to stealth drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
How do I stealth my CD drives? I have a Cooler Master PAC in silver, and it is dying for stealth cd drives...I have the two pieces that came with the case that I have to remove to put the two cd drives in, shoud I use that? If so, how do I open and close it with those on?

You can use a few methods for opening it outside of Windows. The first is that you could do is attach a small extension on the button (like folded-up paper or whatnot). Once the faceplate is over the drive, you can put pressure on the bottom right corner (where the button would be), and it should eject. The other method is to bust open the CD Drive, find the switch that controls the eject feature, solder some wires to an external switch, and attach the external switch to the front of your case.

Yeah, what CalsonicGTR said. Another idea would be to take an appropriately long eraser from a pencil and stick it to the inside of the plastic piece over the cd-rom drive's button.

webfreak said:
Yeah, what CalsonicGTR said. Another idea would be to take an appropriately long eraser from a pencil and stick it to the inside of the plastic piece over the cd-rom drive's button.

Good idea for a button extension.

in one of my cp mags here they show how to set it up to a remote so u are wireless to open ut cd rom drive that look s cool but i think it would be dangerus

Back