• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to take out wires from 2-pin head

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shunx

Can anyone please explain how to pull out the wires from a two-pin head? I'm having trouble doing so for the fan wires on my videocard (the MSI GF4 fan is loud and annoying). Thanks.

cullam3n

2 pin? I never seen those before.. but maybe it's just me. For some reason I'm thinking of the 3 pin.

But what do you need it cut for? Because for some things you can just cut the wire.

-PC

FunkDaMonkMan

no no!... there's probably just a little tab you pull, then pull the connector off of the card. If you cut the wires and they short... you've made an expensive mistake!

OP
S

shunx

FunkDaMonkMan said:
no no!... there's probably just a little tab you pull, then pull the connector off of the card. If you cut the wires and they short... you've made an expensive mistake!

Yeah I see two little tabs, but I have no idea how to pull it since it's so small. I tried a hairpin but that is too big. Anyone has experience with these? (Or should I be ok just cutting them?)