• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to turn a .PDF article into a .DOC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drdoug26

Yet another newbie question! (hope this is the right place for this)

I've got a series of medical papers in .PDF format. I simply hate using Adobe Acrobat (In using full version 5.0).

I would love to get these into .doc format so i could use them in MS Word.

Is there a way to get them into .doc format, or any format other than .pdf!

Thanks

Doug

Daemonfly

If the original files were scanned in as images, you can't directly convert to .DOC. You'd have to probably print it out, then scan it back in using OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

CrashOveride

Daemonfly said:
If the original files were scanned in as images, you can't directly convert to .DOC. You'd have to probably print it out, then scan it back in using OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

well it does allow you to select text so i think it can see the text and Nookie said there are ones t covert to HTML... and thats really just a copy past job away, well almost... you wouldnt need to do any crazy scannings...

NookieN

He's saying you might come across a PDF where the creator literally scanned a page and put the bitmap into a PDF. Unfortunately, there really is no good way to just get the text out of such documents. This isn't a shortcoming of PDF though, it's a problem with the people who make PDFs.

CrashOveride

NookieN said:
He's saying you might come across a PDF where the creator literally scanned a page and put the bitmap into a PDF. Unfortunately, there really is no good way to just get the text out of such documents. This isn't a shortcoming of PDF though, it's a problem with the people who make PDFs.

oh... lol didnt know youc ould do that:D my bad