• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to undervolt AMD-FX8350+ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z and Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raskaipika

Hi mates, I'm from Spain and new at this forum, I want to obtain the maximum performance from my AMD FX-8350, I know that is an old CPU. I think that the first step to be able to overclock my system succesfully is undervolt the stock clock (4.0 GHz) to know if my processor is "good" for overclocking.

The specifications of my system are:

*CPU: AMD FX-8350 (Vishera)
*Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
*RAM: ADATA XPG V2 DDR3 2400GHz 16GBs CL 11-13-13-35 1.65V XMP 1.3 (AXU32400W8G11-DMV)
*PC Case: Thermaltake H200 TG RGB
*PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850W 80 Plus Platinum Certified
*Air Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (at this moment I'm using the stock cooler "Wraith cooler")
*Front case fans: Noctua NF-S12A PWM x3 Chromax ed.
*Back (x1) and Up (x2) case fans: NF-A14 PWM x3 Chromax ed.
*Graphic card: ASUS ROG Strix Geforce GTX 1660 Super 6GB.

I've been reading this weekend over the internet, about how to make undervolt to the FX processor, mainly to reduce the CPU consume but to reduce the temperatures too (both at 4.0GHz), and secondly, to know like I said before, which is the voltage from I can start to make overclock.

I've load the default config from the UEFI BIOS, save and reset, and I've change/set the next options:

-At Extreme Tweaker tab-

*Ai Overclock Tuner: D.O.C.P.
*DRAM O.C. Profile: Load the RAM Profile 1 (2400 MHz)
*CPU Level Up: Disabled
*AMD Turbo Core Technology: Disabled
*FSB: 200MHz
*CPU Bus Frequency: 200MHz (Stock value stup manually)
*PCIE Frequency: 100MHz (Stock value stup manually)
*Memory Frequency: 2400MHz
*NB Frequency: Set at 2400MHz
*HT Frequency: Set at 2600MHz
*CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
*PCIe Spread Spectrum: Disabled
*EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
*Voltages Subsection at this tab*
-CPU&NB Voltage: Manual Mode
NOTE: At this subsection, the only settings that I've setup manually have been "CPU at 1.1875V (1.121V at full load)" and DRAM at 1.655V, the rest of settings are established as AUTO.

-Advanced tab / CPU Subsection-

*Cool&Quiet: Always Disabled
*C1E: Disabled
*SVM: Enabled (antivirus and VM)
*Core C6 State: Disabled
*HPC Mode: Disabled
*APM Master Mode: Disabled

*FIRST TESTs*
With these settings established at the BIOS, I've tested the PC with Prime95 (lastest version available) for 2 hours withouts erros, I know that isn't enough to know if this configuration is stable at this voltage or not, but is a beginning. The "strange thing" is that when I run a full test with Prime95, the Vcore ups until 1.212V at full load (100%), and I want to know how to setup the BIOS to obtain that 1.212V permantly.

How can I setup manually, different voltages, RAM timings... ?

Are the voltage values showed above correct? (they are set at auto at UEFI-BIOS).

Thank you for your time and help guys. Regards.

Back