• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to uninstall MSN messenger from one user account only? (Win 2000)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roger24

My brother came to visit today, and I made an account for him and added it to the administrators group. He installed MSN messenger, and later when I logged back on to my own account, I saw to my irritation that the MSN messenger icon appeared in my sys tray. Is there any way to uninstall MSN messenger from my account without unistalling it from his? If not, I'm gonna get rid of it anyway :D

stool

As I read it, it appears that as Administrator, you get the whole package. As long as MSN Messenger is installed, you'll have to deal with it, simply because as the top dog, you have to have the ability to control everything.

OP
R

Roger24

Doh! I was hoping I there was some way I could remove all the crap he usually installs from my own account.
I ran Win98 before, because I had a P166 with only 48MB ram. I bought this CPU and mainboard used this fall and went fully Win2000 right after newyears, after testing it in dual boot for a couple of weeks and weeding out driver problems etc.

stool

I just looked it up in "Windows 2000 Secrets", and it doesn't appear there is an easy answer for you. Of course, some guru might come along with an easy solution.