• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlock my Athlon2000XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snorre

First of all: yes I saw the video from TomsHardWare. My problem is now, that I am all new to overclocking and in this video I cant see exactly what to do. Does anyone know a guide to unlock my CPU, where I can see exactly what to do?

Thanks for all help!!

Milkman

Well there are no real secret ways to unlock it, masking properly with tape is important, fill the gap between the L1's with crazy glue and connect the L1's with window defogger or a kit if so desired, be aware it may take a few tries, I gave up on my Xp2000+ the top got scratched pretty bad, but did unlock my Xp1800+ and now cruising @1760mhz so it was worth it!!!:)

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
unlocking

Use the search function to find lots of threads on the topic of unlocking. There are many variations on the technique and a lot of good tips from others who've unlocked.