• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Volt-mod your GeForce4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

Excellent article. came very close to doing this myself, but I just don't NEED to... a GF4 Ti4200 would see the most benefit from doing this as it NEEDS as much help as it can get.

The directions appear to match what I've read on [h], madonion, and other sites.

OP
hkgonra

hkgonra

It has me seriously thinking about it. I am lucky to get 7500 on 3dmark , I would like some more power.
I have never done anything that drastic on a pc before and was wondering if anyone else around here had some insight.

Pinky

Your stock athlon has no chance against overclocked systems, it's no wonder you're not pleased with your score.

In 3d mark applications, bandwidth is life is frames, if you want a higher score you'll need more frames and to achieve that you'll need more bandwidth.

get that front side bus pumping!

OP
hkgonra

hkgonra

I am actually on a Compaq ........ please don't beat me!

I am planning on building on new one for Christmas , probably a 1600 , still deciding on a mobo, I have narrowed it down to an Abit KX7-333 and an Epox 8K3A .

Any suggestions ?

tweaker

volt mod

i finally had the guts to do this,and it turned out nice.instead of using a 270ohm resister i opted for a 330ohm for maximum speed.the end result was 355 core,685 mem.the guys over a xbits have there s*** together....(i ran 3dmark for 1 hour no lock ups at that speed on card...

1600xp & 1570
msi 266ru
2 60 gig wd in raid(striped)
pny 4400 & 355 & 685
(all water cooled system,under load 42c)
20 inch sony flat panel
sony 600watt surround system
dvd player & burner
2 power supplies(700watts in all)
all kinds of volt modds to board graphics,and power supplies