• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how well do 2400+'s overclock ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desperado84

i just got a new Mobo
Asus A7N8X (supposed to be great for OC'ing)
i wanted to know,
i heard the 2400+ is automatically unlocked in the KT400 chipset.
how about in the NForce2 chipset ?
also, is it worth saving up for the 2600+ (cause of the 333mhz FSB) or not
thanks guys

Kosmic

Hi Desperado, and Welcome To The Forums!

All these answers and *more* can be found by doing a search for 2400. Just click the search icon in the upper right corner, and be sure that you have selected the AMC CPU's board to serch.

Happy reading!
K1

OP
D

Desperado84

thanks for the help kosmic, but i actually wanted info on the 2400+ with regards to me mobo (A7V8NX)
and there isn't one there in the search.

Jstic

Desperado, the reviews all indicate that the 2400 is unlocked using the A7N8x board. I would buy the 2400 right now, the 2600 is just too expensive for the extra 113 mhz difference.

Congratulations on purchasing a great board, I ordered mine yesterday and should have it installed over the weekend. Keep us posted on how it runs.

Kosmic

You might wanna hold out for a 2600 to get AIUGB stepping, or wait until the 2400s are all AIUGB from Newegg since that stepping is supposed to be a better OCer.

Can't tell you about that mobo, but yes all tbreds are supposed to be unlocked in kt400 & nforce2. I'm waiting for the epox nforce2 board to try and hit some insane FSB. :)