• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how wierd is this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1cnolan

i love it.. i was in my case trying to put a duct on my heatsink and i musta crushed the core(i don't love that). in the process i broke the wire off of a sunon 50 cfm fan. wow that sucks. so i unlock my wifes 1600 pop it in and off i go. first i ductape all the seals on my computer. never tried it but i thought it would help me control air flow. took some of the gap filler from the unlcoking kit and used it as thermal paste cause thats what it is. and i didn't have any handy. start up the computer. my case temps went up to 30 but oc'd at 9.5 X175 with my voltage at 1.9 for no good reason. my temps are at 37 c for my processor. thats 3 degrees lower than my previous setup. and using a crappier fan...
just a post pointing out the fact that alot of cfm doesn't mean good cfm and that thermal paste is necessary.. now i gotta get some artic silver. if i can get some better cooling. like down 4 or 5 more i may make a run at a huge overclock on the fsb side. speaking of which if agoga 0103 any good... i think thats what i have... or 0130 or something like that...anywho just keepin on

palee72

You might get a better cool on the porcessor (after you use some AS3, and maybe a better fan) if you make sure that your duct can handle the CFM of the fan..

No sense ducting if you are only getting 1/2 the air over the HS..

As for case temps.. If they went up, it is due to lack of air through the case.. you still need to pull air through the case to cool north bridge and PSU heat..

I'm not sure what it looks like, but that is my experience...

Keep it cool, good job

OP
A

a1cnolan

yeah i just did the insense test on my case. air actually went around the case .. i need better intake... im running at 29C
not good enough....thats six degress above room temperature... could be a lot better.need to look around and see how to make my fans run fast than they are supposed to.. im sure someone has done it