• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Would These Crunch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From a few reviews ive been seeing a moderately o/c'ed or a box stock overclocked card such as my EVGA superclocked edition GTX260 216 matches a reference clocked 275 card however these are only standard benchmarks not cuda applications so the 275 with its full compliment of 240 shaders instead of the GTX 260's 192 or the core 216's shaders might possibly be able to do more in a CUDA situation. But I could be wrong.

I would think it would crunch a little better than a gtx260/216 because it has more shaders. If it's not much more than a gtx260 than I say go for it, man.

That would be the same as 4 single core 295's right?

The 295 uses 2- 275 cores. So 2 GTX295's would be "roughly" equal to 4- GTX275's

I think that's what you were trying to say anyway :)

The 295 uses 2- 275 cores. So 2 GTX295's would be "roughly" equal to 4- GTX275's

I think that's what you were trying to say anyway :)
I didn't realize that. It looked like some 295's were single cores with 240 shaders, and the card I linked to had 2 cores for 480 total shaders. It's a little confusing looking over the choices. Some cards marked "295" only have 240 shaders. But you see what I was hitting at - making the most of the 2 x16 slots on the mobo. I'm not sure the psu in the older unit I have would handle that anyway. I was thinking of taking my older supermicro 5035B-TB and turning it into a dedicated cruncher.

Back