• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Howdy folks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taylor

It's been quite awhile since I took the pleasure of coming here. If anyone wants to know what I've been doing with my time, check out the fishing forum I moderate, San Diego Fishing.com. Some of you have seen it before, when it was new, but it's become about the most popular fishing site in southern California, very, very busy in the heighth of the season. Now we have V-Bull, too!

Anyway, The season has slowed dramatically as it does this time of year, and I hope to be able to spend more time amongst you. I sure have a lot of catching up to do. I've built a couple of boxes, one for my father and another for my brother, they're not OC'd but they sure are hot. I never could have done so well with them if I hadn't become addicted to this place a couple years ago.

I have a lot of questions, too, to be placed in the proper categories.

I'll leave you with that for the moment, as my lovely wife is waiting for me so we can go to dinner.

Later! -T

(PS: BTW here's my new boat, MuShuBee)
MuShuBee1.jpg

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
Hey, nice to see ya! Still got that good collection of scotch? It is getting a little nippy here, and that means warming up with a little sip or two...

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
wow this guy has 2 addictions! im jelous.
mabey ill start drinking again so ill have 2 also.puters and beer :D

specific

flounder43 said:
Hey, nice to see ya! Still got that good collection of scotch? It is getting a little nippy here, and that means warming up with a little sip or two...

i could go for some single malt myself. i like The Macallan, 12 or 18 yr.
that Blue Label is good, but expensive.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
FISHEY!! Darn... The Yattafish dissappeared :D

So, what's your grand 500th post going to be this time (seeing how you're at #499)?? Don't let us down again... Or we may mob you :cool:

JigPu

OP
Taylor

Taylor

hehe Well I still have a bottle of 18, and you've inspired me to drink to the health of you fine people!
18.jpg

But I'm not supposed to, I've come down with a case of acid reflux. The doc says alcohol, coffee, and cigarettes are hard on a stomache. But what the hell, this is officially the first time I've been up at 4:30 in the morning goofing off at OC.com for a long time!

This may be # 500, I'll have to check. I guess I'll have to reset the countdown to something like "countdown to 568" or something....

JigPu!
taylor1.gif
You got more stars! I was in Salem a couple months ago. Thought of you.

Hey you all got more stars!

Kendan, yes and no. For my brother I built one, I put a Bragon-plus in a $50 antec midtower, since I'm not done modding the cheap full-tower. I only put in 1 barracuda and 256MB cas2 ddr, athlon 1333. Nice cd and burner, cheap winmodem (what? C'mon I'm doing this for him for free!) I got a TT V9 HSF on there but it sounds like a vacuum cleaner, even with the rheo turned down. That won't fly. Going to have to change that.

I just wanted to get the thing built for him he's been waiting a long time, but I'm going to try and get that case finished, color-shifting paint and a round red widow, yellow cold cathode light inside.

The machine is really bitchin, the best one I've done. I can't wait to get it into the new case.

The 6-channel sound is awesome with Creative Inspire 5.1 speakers. A cordless optical mouse really adds a nice touch.

The only video card I've had available is a riva tnt 32, runs q3a fine but can't handle serious sam. I'm hoping I can afford a good radeon before christmas, when I plan on delivering the thing. (I'm pretty thoroughly broke after blowing a big wad on the boat.)

Well it's good to be back. I'll be hanging out at amd boards mostly, for awhile anyway. I need to find out how the Iwill xp333R boards have been working out. I think that'll be my next project. Oh BTW: The Iwill KK266 board I built for my dad is almost faster than the Dragon, and it's an SDRAM board. Go figure. I really like Iwill.
------------------------
PS: I just checked, still 499. I may need quite a few more to get to 500!