• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Factory Recertified?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff G

Anyone have any experience with HP Factory Refurbs? It's a $40 savings on a $400 laptop. I'm wondering how stable the factory refurbs are, if the $40 is worth the gamble?

Anyone have any experience with HP Factory Refurbs? It's a $40 savings on a $400 laptop. I'm wondering how stable the factory refurbs are, if the $40 is worth the gamble?

I don't think 10% off is steep enough discount for ANY refurb. It's a used computer.

I've not purchased anything recertified by HP but, in general, the factory recertified stuff I've purchased from Dell has all been outstanding. In every instance, the computer came with a "new" warranty equal to their normal stuff and arrived unblemished and complete with all documentation/accessories.

I wouldn't feel uneasy about buying the HP stuff if it's advertised as having the specs you need and comes with a guarantee.

Back