• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hp Pavilion with bios without overclocking possibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazmod

I must (I must :mad::)) to overclock my HP desktop with motherboard Pegatron Model Eureka3 Ipiel La3 Pn 533234-002. Its bios has no option to overclock cpu.
What chance I have to overclock this processor. What need I use.
My processor is Q8300 quad core. I will give any other information you will need to help.

I hope that is possible:D.

Thanks,

Kaz

trents

None. You must get another motherboard that has overclocking options. It would need to be a used aftermarket motherboard as those socket 775 are not being manufactured anymore.

OP
K

kazmod

None. You must get another motherboard that has overclocking options. It would need to be a used aftermarket motherboard as those socket 775 are not being manufactured anymore.

Thanks for answer. Can you perhaps make a suggestion, what motherboard will be good for my Pavilion? In situation I will change the motherboard i will lost the right for programs I have installed and do I not have a disk?

trents

Yes, it is a distinct possibility you will lose any programs on the computer that you do not have the installation media for. The exception to that might be if the programs in question came installed on the computer from the factory . . . and . . . the restore partition of the hard drive is still intact. Even then, there is still a risk of losing even them if the new motherboard chipset is incompatible with the drivers included in the restore partition. This latter issue would likely be nullified if you are using Windows 10 as Windows 10 will likely have drivers for older chipsets right out of the box.

What is the model number of your computer and what OS are you running? How much memory is installed? What motherboard I might suggest would dependent on what the form factor of the computer is. For example, a full-size ATX motherboard will not fit into a micro ATX case or one of those small form factor cases.

dejo

Senior Moment Senior Member
clockgen or setfsb could allow you to oc. would depend if you can find the pll chip on the motherboard and also find that same one in the program of your choosing

trents

I have never had any success with clock gen. But I guess sometimes it works.

dejo

if y ou can figure out the pll then you can get it to work if that specific pll is selectable in the clockgen/setfsb program. have oc'ed many laptops that way from that generation of boards

OP
K

kazmod

How to find alternate bios for my motherboard.

if y ou can figure out the pll then you can get it to work if that specific pll is selectable in the clockgen/setfsb program. have oc'ed many laptops that way from that generation of boards

I have found pll on my motherboard. It is PLL CV193DPAG made by IDT

I have
Bios revision 5.14 11/13/09 , American Megatrends

Chipset Intel G43

Product number BK235AA-ABL

Motherboard Pegatron Model Eureka3

Motherboard IPie La3
Product number - 533234-002

Using setfsb or setpll give nothing. I can only overlock for example from 2500 MHz to 2550 Mhz and nothing else. Reason is probably, that max frequency in bios of my computer is equal to actual speed.

Only solution is find alternative bios for my board with possibilty of overclocking. Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance,

kaz

dejo

some pll chips dont have any dividers to work with on frequency. Many do, it seems you have found the pll and that is the case.
to make sure did you actually find that pll in the dropdown menu and try it

OP
K

kazmod

some pll chips dont have any dividers to work with on frequency. Many do, it seems you have found the pll and that is the case.
to make sure did you actually find that pll in the dropdown menu and try it

I have found almost the same. Instead of CV193DPAG I have found in drop menu CV193CPAG. I can set slighty diffrent frequency and push "Setfsb", but I can only in this manner have up around 50 MHz. And this new frequency I see in other program. This work. Like I said I have in bios limitation of max frequency.
Only solution is to find replacement for bios.