• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hp Pavillion dv6000 vista explorer has stopped working?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

So my mom is using my laptop turns it on and its boots like normal, chooses the user and before it gets to desktop it says Windows Explorer has stopped working. I tried to open it again in task manager but when i boot task manager it says task manger is not responding. So i'm not sure what the problem is, i was just gonna put a new OS on it or factory restore. But if there is something easier to do i just wanted to know from you guys. So...

madhatter256

Special Member
Hmm. I actually came across this error not too long ago on a laptop (not HP) that had VISTA. I tried to get into the desktop, too, but explorer would continuously crash.

I went into the registry via this live CD I have that allows me to edit it and I didn't see anything that is not supposed to be in the MS Windows area.

I ended up wiping out the hard drive and reinstalled the OS. System worked just like it did when it was bought.