• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hrmm which A64 SFF to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tsintse

I needed to get rid of my SN85G shuttle box for one that has a 3.5" bay... now I can't decide between the new NF3 250gb Soltek or the Shuttle KM800 box. Any one convince me one way or the other? I think the Shuttle looks way better aeshetically but I don't know all the much about he VIA KM800 chipset. Damn I wish the other SFF makers would stop making such FUGLY boxes!!!

tsin

That Antec Aria looks nice but no extra bay on it :( I think I'll go ahead and grab the soltek box even though its pretty butt ugly. I heard that the 250gb is optimized for GFX cards and since I got that flashed 5900 I might as well. Plus this is all just temp till i build my next WC box...just gotta finish my remodelling my kitchen first otherwise my wife will flip lol.

I need the extra bay for a device I use to grab data of a turbidity meter and inclinometer. I have it plugged into the floppy connector on the motherboard but that means I gotta leave the cover off which looks pretty ghetto. Hehe I'm a network admin at a large civil engineering firm that specializes in geotech stuff so I have a large assortment of totally proprietary and bizzare computer perihpherals :)

Eh, I don't know jack about A64 chipsets in SFF boxes, but, have you seen the MSI SFF's? I'm not sure if they are the same as they were earlier, but I thought they looked pretty good. You could also cut a hole in the back of your current case large enough for the floppy cable to get out, and then put the cover back on.

Back