• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HSF's interchangable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I have a blue orb clone that came with my Gfx card. I want to put a modified (lighter+smaller) Skt370 HSF on the card, and hopefully put the orb on the northbridge.

My question is are the clip holes the same distance apart on the mobo as on the gfx card? i.e. will I be able to use the orb on the mobo?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't your going to use some kind of adhensive on the northbridge (I would recommend Alumina Adhensive, its not conductive or capcitive).

Yes. A "Blorb" will fit right onto a Northbridge, but you may have to modify it if there's any capacitors in the way. I've seen where lots of people have cut a bit off the ends of a few fins to clear caps...but the fan has to absolutely clear it...

Mr B said:
Yes. A "Blorb" will fit right onto a Northbridge, but you may have to modify it if there's any capacitors in the way. I've seen where lots of people have cut a bit off the ends of a few fins to clear caps...but the fan has to absolutely clear it...

infact you dont even need to attack it with a hacksaw, just put a flat screwdriver inbetween the fins and bend the fins away from the capacitor.

Back