• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HT Omega?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyones beenable to listen to/ has one of thier cards. they seem to be getting great reviews on the egg.

I ask because my Creative X-Fi Music was damaged in shipping and is fizziling on me now. I know Creative is a solid choice but i was wondering if any one knows if HTO can offer something as good or better. Maybe even Auzen? ( pretty sure they use creative chipsets)

Thanks for any input youve got!!

rpwinters

I love mine. I output from the optical into a Pioneer receiver and everything sounds sweet. Much better than the Fatal1ty Xtreme Gamer I had.

OP
Prime

Prime

can you give me some more insight on how its better?

rpwinters

While running 64-bit Vista, I had the "popping" issue with the Xfi. I tried every driver out there I could find. I did a full drivercleaner run in safemode in between each one and still no luck. I even tried the "danielK" drivers, no luck. I finally got fed up and looked for any sound card at newegg that wasn't made by Creative. I purchased it, installed it and haven't looked back.
I had it feeding a set of Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers for a while and decided to up the ante. I snagged a used Pioneer receiver and a set of JBL 5.1 speakers off ebay. I ran the optical cable that came with the Striker 7.1 into the Pioneer and have been enjoying it ever since.

OP
Prime

Prime

ok cool, thanks RP :)

and it will be running a set of Altec Expressionist Ultras