• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ht?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

So I bought a new 3.0C chip from canadacomputers.com :D and they threw in AS3 for free :D

Anywhoo, the moral of the story is, I have an IT7 MOBO, and it well works fine :D it detects HT technology and works on the 200FSB :D Yes a lot of smiling :D

My dear friends, my issue is this, System properties shows 2x3.0Ghz Processor, but in task manager I only see one CPU pane or chart or whatever its called. So how can I install HT support or ACPI or whatever without killing windows and starting from scratch?

Thanks in advance for any input,

Peace out,

Kam

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

jdmcnudgent

Thats the last thing i want to do :(

Any other way around it?

Thanks,

Kam

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

jdmcnudgent

Dude I cant believe how quick you respond at 4am :D

I was worried you would say that, this sucks the big one but what can I do?

Well My mobo isn't all that super but I'll get some benchies in as soon as I get this damn thing running all proper.

I guess you haven't heard of anyone successfuly dropping in an HT chip and having windows detect it?

Thanks again,

Kam

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

HUH?

So I can have windows run dual logical CPUs without a re-install? You woulndn't happen to know of any instructions?

Thank you,

Kam

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

ANYONE, comeon, not even a titter?

Any ideas, please help me (SOB CRY WINE). I really dont want to loose this install of the OS :(

Thanks,

Kam

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Doesn't sound right to me. I've added and removed real and logical cpu's under XP and didn't have to change anything with the OS. Maybe someone else has heard of this issue.

thecondor

There might be a way. I don't have XP, but on W2k you can go to the device manager. Expand the first entry "computer" . You should see
"ACPI Uniprocessor PC". If you right click on this you can scan for hardware changes. It may find the new processor and give you an option to change to the multiprocessor driver. You can also click properties and try to update the driver. I have done both on Windows 2000 and it works OK. Don't know about XP. Try it.

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
I have two systems I just upgraded to 2.4c with HT.

Both were running Uniprocessor ACPI.

I basically did like thecondor did, but I manually selected
MultiProcessor ACPI rather then autodetect, and everything
works, but not quite right.

I would do a full format and reinstall. If you can't handle that,
maybe you should buy a mac? LOL

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

Lonely Raven

I can't believe you just told me to buy a MAC!!?? WTFIWWY??

:D None the less, I formatted :( system runs fine now, its gonna take a while to get everything set up the way I had before. Now its only a matter of time until i start benching it :D

Peace,

Kam

jdmcnudgent

Re: Lonely Raven

kamilkluczewski said:
I can't believe you just told me to buy a MAC!!?? WTFIWWY??

:D None the less, I formatted :( system runs fine now, its gonna take a while to get everything set up the way I had before. Now its only a matter of time until i start benching it :D

Peace,

Kam
youll be happier.:)

the thing that really sucks about xp is that it takes longer to do windows update than it does to install.:mad:

OP
TheNEWB

TheNEWB

jdmcnudgent

Not unless you have SP1 intergrated into the XP CD :D

With quick format it only takes roughly 15 minutes to do a full install including all the mouse clicking. But the setup of everything to the way I had it took a while, not to mention I re-formatted 3 times :(. No one told me if I install Abit USB 2.0 Drivers over SP1 my key and mouse would die, and then no one told me that If Install Catalyst Drivers before Intel Chipset Drives, windows would corrupt :mad: POS!

Ohh well I know now! :cool:

HT Totaly Rocks, just for shiatz and giggles I ran MOHAA last night with background [email protected], I never played that game any smoother :D WOW!

My Northbridge on the other hand is so hot right now I had to put ALOE VERA on my friking finger because I was dumb enough to touch it :eek:.

Peace out,

Kam

Ec]-[oMaN

next time to avoid the intel inf drivers and a display driver,you could load the display drivers first but when you install the intel inf drivers do it in save mode,i have done this about 20 times no problems

jdmcnudgent

Re: jdmcnudgent

kamilkluczewski said:
Not unless you have SP1 intergrated into the XP CD :D

With quick format it only takes roughly 15 minutes to do a full install including all the mouse clicking. But the setup of everything to the way I had it took a while, not to mention I re-formatted 3 times :(. No one told me if I install Abit USB 2.0 Drivers over SP1 my key and mouse would die, and then no one told me that If Install Catalyst Drivers before Intel Chipset Drives, windows would corrupt :mad: POS!

Ohh well I know now!

HT Totaly Rocks, just for shiatz and giggles I ran MOHAA last night with background [email protected], I never played that game any smoother WOW!

My Northbridge on the other hand is so hot right now I had to put ALOE VERA on my friking finger because I was dumb enough to touch it .

Peace out,

Kam
i do have sp1 intergrated into my cd, and the above statement still applys.