• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[hwbot] 3Dmark01 ranking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look at that Lobby high :drool:

I'm trying to remember if I've seen anyone else run QX in 01, seems like they all go for 6800 with gigher overall mhz. That might be a mistake. Wanna trade chips for a week ;)

It's crazy stuff, huh? I can duplicate it.. :) I would love to see what you could do with this QX
Maxi..:) I'm just running her on water..

EDIT
That can't be right!! LH is 650 or better every time I run it!!
I'm gonna reinstall windows and see what's up!! That's crazy..Can't be right!!
Heck lobby low is 800, that's right..I didn't really pay to much attention to Frames..
I deleted my score from the thread..until I can rerun w/clean install and doesn't duplicate LH again..
I'll delete from hwbot and see if it can be removed..

Last edited:
Do you have a screen cap, we need it for reference. Please post it in here if you have it. I would try this wild, run LH as the first test (after a fresh boot) a few times and see what the numbers do. I got one in my cart pending your results LOL ;) :D

El<(')>Maxi said:
Do you have a screen cap, we need it for reference. Please post it in here if you have it. I would try this wild, run LH as the first test (after a fresh boot) a few times and see what the numbers do. I got one in my cart pending your results LOL ;) :D

You can put it back on the shelf Maxi.. :) Upon further review and a fresh install, LH is back to normal! I don't know what the cause of the LH was..:confused: Here is a screenie of LH w/QX around 3600MHz, no tweaks, just installed the driver and ran it..
Capture001.jpg
[/IMG]

Well that was one mighty interesting bug then, I was really hoping you discovered something there wild. If you we're able to duplicate that serveral times it reallly makes me wonder even now.

this should put me #2 for the world on a x800pro..with 12pipes, and a lot lower CPU clocks. #1 is around 43k with a e6600 at 3890mhz.....i think i can get there. ;)
[hwbot] 41000 - E6300 @ 3604MHz, x800pro 12p @ 576/600Mhz [/hwbot]
255320536_6fd54beb30_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Maxi. If I have a chance to run some benches tonight perhaps I can get a little more out of it but this 7950 clocks like crap. I can't push it very hard at all.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Guys feel free to run LOD on this bench, 4.9 is perfect for Nature ;)
4.9?? i guess that applies to 8800 ppl?

i found out today a guy in one of my classes has a 8800gtx. :D i'm gonna convince him to lend it to me..or at least come over and bench it with me. his 2.4ghz x2 isn't doing it justice. :bang head

anyone know some tweeks that will help? basically using the latest cat's, set priority to real time, kill all non essential processes...

i am 1657pts away from #1 x800pro. :D i think i might be at the limit of my card, no voltmods yet (no gear to do em :()

vcore in bios set to 1.5v. idle temp is 23c, but as soon as i hit 100% workload in TAT, i hang, so its getting too hot i guess. i can't get it to boot at even 525fsb tho, no matter what volts i put in it.

maybe i'll wait for another cold night (only -10c now, should hit -30ish again), maybe i'll finally bust out some DI. :D stupid school....takes so much of my time. :(

[hwbot] 41735 - E6300 @ 3640MHz, x800pro 12p @ 588/610Mhz [/hwbot]
366671337_2b9f3b01eb_o.jpg

Last edited:
I think the top score is within reach for ya. I was able to get 41k myself with my dothan at 3.1GHz...so you should have plenty left.

Tweaks...well...I've got as many as you'd need, but how much would you be up to? :p

Biggest and easiest one is to set LOD. In ATiTool under Settings, go to "Driver Tweaks" and set Level of Detail to +3.0, and make sure that Catalyst AI level is High. In ATi's control panel or CCC make sure everything is turned all the way down as far as quality settings go.

Then, use a customized test order when running. You can choose which tests to run in this window. Select tests one at a time.

tests.JPG

Start with dragothic low, then lobby low, car high, drag high, lobby high, nature and then car low. Car low is the only test that you want to run more than once. It usually takes about 5-10 runs to get a good one that sticks out. It'll usually be about 300-500 points worth above an average run.

Also, you'll probably find it beneficial to tighten your X800's memory timings to the ones shown here. Expect to lower your memory clock to around 600 flat though.

The more time-consuming ones are loading up windows 2000 and using Cat 4.12 instead of the newer ones.

i'm willing to do whatever it takes. :D

i'm defragging now, and digging into my PowerBuilder assignments due tomorrow. hopefully be done by the time i'm done defragging, then i'll try everything you've got listed. if worse comes to worse, i can try to find my windows 2000 disk (its pretty beat up tho...may have to DL it...i do have a valid legal corporate key mind you).

thanks Gautam...i hope to make you proud! ;)

*edit* in AtiTool, under settings, i don't have anything that referrs to driver tweaks. :( i've got version 0.24, i think its the newest one, i just dl'd it the other night. i do see Catalyst A.I....its under miscellaneous.

Last edited:
The breakdown will somewhere around 700-1200 points extra for order and LOD I'd say. GPU mem timings maybe 200 or so. Win2K and old cats about 500. Seems like there's a good chance you'll need just about every trick in the book to catch the #1. :p

Experiment with your system memory timings too in memset. I don't know i965 at all, but I can tell you that lowering tRFC to about 20-25 should be helpful, that's one universal timing.

trfc is at 25. me and green tightened down my subs a couple of nights ago. :D

dunno if you caught my edit, but i can't seem to find the LOD settings in ATItool. i found A.I. setting under misc. but i can't find a 'driver tweaks' page anywhere. am i just totally blind? :p

Back