• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWbot - E.S. poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all the old timers have to remember the DigitalJesus special drivers, he didnt give them up to easily unless he had something newer and more effective

I think DJ was the original man

Last edited:
G you know Andre has also been binning retail B1's.
Lots of them too.

He has been now, hasn't he :D

You can kick and scream all you want, but he just proved what we all (should have) known all along. It's all about volume, period.

For those that haven't seen it yet:

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1015414_andreyang_pifast_core_i7_980x_12.23_sec
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1015418_andreyang_3dmark_2003_geforce_gtx_480_154659_marks
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1015413_andreyang_superpi_32m_core_i7_980x_5min_27sec_959ms

G, you'll never win. Just give up. From the SuperPi link you posted:
BenchZowner - Can we see that magic retail with proper video proof ? ( I expect some people to bash and call me names, but you know I don't give a flying f*ck, I say what I have to say no matter what, I'm not the one to "backstab" or the speechless chicken )
I won't call you names or bash you, it's not necessary, you're doing a fine job of cementing people's opinions all by yourself. :rolleyes:

I believe massman and we in general discussed the "validation" issues with E.S. & retail hardware recognition before, right ?

Not saying that Andre cheated ( it's a possibility though, nobody can be sure for any overclocker online ), but a screenshot is just a screenshot.
I can validate my 980X E.S. as a 8 cores 16 threads retail Beckton... and definitely screenshot it as well :p

I was just sayin'...

Bill, its good to speak your mind... But sometimes it makes you look bad when you don't know where to draw the line. Not just look bad, but it can make you seem like a jerk even.

Your involvement at hwbot currently is so anti-social and caustic, I'd be hard pressed to find a reason not to restrict your access if I was in the administration there.

You have some points, you have spoken your mind... I'd suggest you let it be and allow the system to make adjustments, or take your ball and go home. Your ongoing "bad behavior" there is hurting your case more than it is helping you. We've talked, you know I don't have any personal issues with you - just offering some perspective from a neutral party.

Why don't you just finally chill out and admit that you've pretty much lost this argument? Even without Andre finding a gem, that was just convenient timing.

I don't mean to be blunt, but seriously, you've gotten yourself and so many others worked up enough. You're just fighting a losing battle here and there's nothing to be gained now by continuing and plenty to be lost. Never seen you like this on XS or otherwise before...seems like you've just vested yourself so much in "the fight" that you're willing to throw away all else. It's not worth it.

Agree 100% with Gautum, I really fail to see the benefit to the benching community with this crusade....it creates so much stress and anxiety that it puts people off from what we doing, we suppose to have fun...give it a rest please.

I don't think disallowing ES chips will do anything to bridge the gap between the average overclocker and the super-skilled bencher. First off, I don't see why this gap should be bridged? Guys who have put in the time and effort to become a class of their own simply deserve to pull away from the crowd. They have earned it! After reading through 20 pages of this thread, it seems that the objective behind enforcing restrictions is not very clear.

For transparency's sake, there was a post this morning in this thread and I've removed it at the request of a long time well respected bench team member - the post was about recent drama relating to the new hwbot rule, and was a lot like pouring salt in a wound for those involved. No reason to drag more external drama out in our team forum, it has nothing to do with our team or having fun benching.

If you have a problem with recent events, please address them on the hwbot forum with the hwbot staff. If you have an axe to grind and aren't on our team, grind it somewhere other than here because it only serves as a distraction to what our team is about - having fun, and getting the most out of the gear you have.

I think that BZ's posts here have also put a very bad light on the site he runs. I would think that he has probably lost a few regular viewers due to the whole ES debacle.

That said, I think this thread should be locked, maybe even deleted. It's seen it's day and needs to be put to bed for good. Like IMOG said, any further discussion can be held at the bot.

I think that BZ's posts here have also put a very bad light on the site he runs. I would think that he has probably lost a few regular viewers due to the whole ES debacle.

That said, I think this thread should be locked, maybe even deleted. It's seen it's day and needs to be put to bed for good. Like IMOG said, any further discussion can be held at the bot.

I won't say delete it just yet but lock it certainly, even if it is just to keep BZ out :rain:

****CLICK****

Attachments

• mandatory 12 keep locked.gif
    mandatory 12 keep locked.gif
    11 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back