• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWBot World Tour 2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Small update, Have talked to Timothee and seems it's likely going to be in Montreal again at LanETS , so february sometime. You'll like this one NZK, they're talking to organizers of Quakecon for next year.

This is what I took last time just to be "portable". Oh and it was an 8-9 hour trip for me one way.

wt 2015.JPG

But I am assuming you have a car?

Hrm.......I could always try and make a custom full tower chassis built onto something like this:
http://www.militaryclothing.com/New...lid=CLOarrvu4sgCFQuSaQodWeIDqQ&ad=76800671309

Modify this case into a portable radiator container: http://www.rimowa.com/en-us/topas-business-multiwheel-29l-silver-carry-on-luggage/923.40.00.4
Mod the sides so they swing down fully, and radiator stands upright from center line.

would be a cool idea if I could fund it and get the tools to pull it off.

I'm sure Eagle could help you out with the modifications ha ha. Funny you post that case, jiccman came from Germany and all he brought was a Pelican case stuffed with goodies. It was quite impressive actually.

I still get a kick when I see the torch....The fact that we need a propane torch when benching just solidifies how a bit off center we can be. :D

Small update, Have talked to Timothee and seems it's likely going to be in Montreal again at LanETS , so february sometime. You'll like this one NZK, they're talking to organizers of Quakecon for next year.

Hey Johan any update on dates/location. I think I have talked my wife into letting me attend and need to work on trip details.like getting a passport.

Last I heard was likely mid April in Montreal again.

Courthouse? We have a separate office for passports.

Courthouse? We have a separate office for passports.

Well I live in a small community so pretty much everything is located at the courthouse. I plan to make a day of it.

Step 1, apply for passport
Step 2, renew drivers license
Step 3, renew concealed carry permit
Step 4, walk next door to ice cream parlor

Just remember to leave the pistol at home if you cross the border and you'll be fine.

Hopefully there's a few more people this time in Montreal. Pretty cool they're going to fly the winner to Germany for the Final

Back