• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hwlabs blaze - first watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bee

Registered
I bought the blaze from becooling since I was cheap and wanted the clip it came with because I have no holes in my mobo.

Well, my first attempt, I get really poor temps as compared to all the temps posted on this board. I don't overclock the xp 1600.

First, I have 89 camaro heatercore, viaaqua 1300, 2 80mm fans in a shroud on the heatercore. I get 50C on idle and 60C on load with case temp 40C.

So, I put the heatercore outside, I opened my window and have it hanging out the window to draw cold air. Now I get 39C idle and 42C on load and case temp is 30C.

Is this okay temps? Also, I would like to get the maze 3 with the clip, should I do that or just stick with the blaze? How do they compare to each other?

Thanks.

something is probably wrong with the artic silver or the mounting. It should do fairly well, especially with that pump and radiator. The problem should be with the fans either, because I hardly put any air through mine and I'm at 40C load with a gemini block and a hella-overclocked xp1600.

Try applying the thermal grease/paste/silver-stuff very thinly, and try remounting it. Make sure it's pretty tight

lebe, I'm using the white paste that came with my mobo or was it the cpu. Well, anyway, it should work fine right?
Also, how tight is tight enough and too tight? I don't know how to measure that and I'm afraid to crack the die.

The water is like ice cold when I have the heatercore out the window but my software says the cpu temp is 42C, case 32C. I touch the waterblock and it's cold too. I don't know maybe I will change out for a new block.

Thanks.

Is your cpu temp being read on-die or is it read via thermistor in your socket?

edit: Your white goop should work ok but Artic Silver 3 (AS3) is an extremely good product. It contains silver particles which transfer heat better than the whote stuff you get with stuff. If applied correctly AS3 will reduce your temperatures by 3-7 degrees celcius.

if there the temps your computer is reporting and the block feels really cool then it needs tightening so get better contact with the core, oh, and take te advice on the AS3, its a shoooper product:D

my board reads temp on die. ok i will order some artic silver to try it out and see if that's it also, does anyone know how tight i should tighten the block? if i look at the die and block and can see space, light coming through it. is that too loose?

you should tighten it pretty tight, so its quite snug, between the die and the block you can see light?!?!?! thats not good, make sure your using thermal paste, you dont want to use too little, if anythign use a little extra

ah, it's not good my software says 44C and when i touch the block, it's like touching ice! ok i'll try to tighten it a little bit more.

oops, i don't mean between the die and block i meant in that general area only. you know what i mean?

maskedgeek said:
you should tighten it pretty tight, so its quite snug, between the die and the block you can see light?!?!?! thats not good, make sure your using thermal paste, you dont want to use too little, if anythign use a little extra

Back