• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWlabs SR2 multiport issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dear Sir,

Please give us the full details on if the part worked or didn't. Also post pictures of the new part and how the performance is :)

Thank You

Will do as soon as I get the countersunk plugs. Still waiting for them to arrive from China (Aliexpress).

Ok, so I received my brass countersunk fittings today. I dry fitted them, and they seem to be a perfect fit. They can be turned all the way to the bottom of the threads, and together with some Loctite, I think this will work. They don't protrude at all, so mounting the radiator level to the chassis can be done without spacers. I measured the height of the plug to 7.7mm. The plug stops and won't rotate further than the pictures, and they can't be inserted the "wrong" way. I guess that means that the threads are tapered? I can't see any physical tapering of the plug itself, though.

EDIT: Loctite 243 applied. Now, it'll rest for a day.

DSC03306-2B.jpg
DSC03307-3B.jpg
DSC03308-4B.jpg
DSC03309-5B.jpg
DSC03310-6B.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of returning the rad for one without ports on one side. But perhaps the countersunk plug is a good option. Did you have any issues with the system ?

No problems so far. Been running silky smooth since I built it. No leaks observed, and the fluid level has stayed constant. Very happy with it :thup:

Be aware that there are differences between green, blue and red Loctite. I don't know the specifics here, but I used a blue one (Loctite 243).

Back