• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 or Eheim 1250?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caeberos

me, i would get a danner mad drive 3 for money and size issues. But of those two I would get the ehiem 1250, becuase it has a great rep on the forums, it has great emi sheilding, and it doesn't put out too much heat.

MaxiKana

i would get the eheim 1048, cause its enough for any wc system and its ALOT quieter then the 1250, but if your gonna wc your nb and gpu i would consider getting the 1250. Otherwise get the 1048, thats what i have and im VERY satisfied :)

GoingH2o

Altought I'm a proud owner of an Eheim1250 I would suggest the Danner Mag Drive 3.

I'm very happy with my Eheim cuz its very silent, you just need to keep heat of the case by putting an exhaust fan on top of the pump. Most Chieftec/Antec/Thermaltake have this kinds of fan actually they have 2.

IMO both the Eheim and the Danner should prove enough for any watercooling setup with Cpu,Gpu and NB. ;)

altec

polka dot ninja
Isn't the 1250 a little large to fit into a Chenming case with a heatercore in there too? I have the exact same question, and since the Hydor was a little cheaper, I was leaning that way, but if the 1250 will fit with a heatercore in my case, I will go that route.

FIZZ3

altec said:
Isn't the 1250 a little large to fit into a Chenming case with a heatercore in there too? I have the exact same question, and since the Hydor was a little cheaper, I was leaning that way, but if the 1250 will fit with a heatercore in my case, I will go that route.

I have that 1250 + HC/shroud in an ATC201 case... which is smaller than most ChenMing cases. It fits. :)

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
Hydor. Although they both have the exact same specs and have the same reliability, the Hydor comes with 1/2" barbs preinstalled and is smaller than the 1250, :)

FIZZ3

Penguin4x4 said:
Hydor. Although they both have the exact same specs and have the same reliability, the Hydor comes with 1/2" barbs preinstalled and is smaller than the 1250, :)

The Eheim has a 1/2" outlet barb as well, and a 3/4" intake that is no problem for 1/2" tubing- it can be slipped over it.

greywood

Registered
I Really like the Hydor L30 I'm using - I can't even hear it when I
turn on the surge protector before powering up my PC. And it
works quite well; I'm looking at a 34C temp right now for the
rig in my Sig.

grunjee

I've owned both and it's a toss-up. So far my Hydor has treated me well.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Hydor L30 is more powerful than the 1250... it has a higher head rating at the same GPH than the Eheim. Again, if I'm not mistaken.

The thing I like most about the Hydor is its size. It is significantly smaller than the 1250 which is a monster.

Tuan209

Registered
i think im getting the 1048. just water cooling video card and and cpu. i read somewhere in a post by cathar that there isnt a significant diff b/w the 1048 and the 1250 or any other pump. i like eheim b/c of its reputation.

grunjee

Tuan209 said:
i think im getting the 1048. just water cooling video card and and cpu. i read somewhere in a post by cathar that there isnt a significant diff b/w the 1048 and the 1250 or any other pump. i like eheim b/c of its reputation.

My first pump was the 1250... eventually I sold it and got the 1048. When I downgraded I noticed a significant decrease in flowrate. Just look at the specs, if I recall right the 1250 has close to double the flowrate.